Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Swagger Of A College Kid

I did happen to make it out last night and pick up some new threads. I'll admit that I headed out today with an extra bounce in my step, you know a lil bit more swagger. New overcoat, scarf, and some other winter essentials.

Here's a tip for all you kids out there who still wear jeans that are 4 times your size around your knees, grow up. Yes, a little ironic coming from me, but even so. Time to dress like an adult. That doesn't mean go out and buy a suit. You can still dress 'grown up' and wear cool shit. Want to be trendy? Go for it. I'm not preaching, but I'm a little sick of seeing 20+ year old dudes with nightgowns for t shirts and jeans at their knees. Your a fully functioning member of society, act like you have some damn sense. Oh, what now, your fashion is hood? Let me put you up on game. Have you seen Hip Hop fashion trends lately? These rappers are wearing clothes that actually fit and plenty of vibrant colors. It's a good look, trust me you'll thank me when the girls take notice. You think women want a dude who looks like he can't fit into his clothes? It looks sloppy, bottom line.

Get some nice graphic tees that are you size, maybe a couple of sweaters, a pair of 'grown up' jeans ( that's my way of saying that they fit), and some hats, scarves, or bandannas if you want. There's plenty of ways to dress 'cleaner' while keeping your Hip Hop swagger. It isn't that big of a deal.

For the Chicago crowd, I might recommend a real smooth looking winter coat with matching scarf and gloves. The college crowd is all about this, and it will make you look like you're a somebody. Step your game up and feel good about the way you dress.
There are plenty of high end winter coats for cheap at Kohl's. I definitely recommend checking them out, they have sales right now.

Outfit suggestion: Polo jeans, Muscle fit graphic tee or hooded shirt, matching belt, Hurricane or Dc sneakers ( not the skating shoes, but the sneakers), Apt. 9 winter overcoat, gloves, black/white keffiyah scarf, 59/50 hat ( for those who like to keep their domes warm).

Hip Hop Fashion Gods:

1) Kanye West
2) Lil Wayne
3) Jay-Z
4) Lupe Fiasco
5) Will.I.Am

Just my opinions....but then again it's my damn blog.

New tracks I heard today, Not Hip Hop ( GASP!) but good nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment