Sunday, January 25, 2009

I dont wrestle, but maybe I should....

A thought occurred to me today as I pondered the direction of what I like to call my "career". What if I just walked away, would anyone notice? Would I notice? I mean, really how much does this affect me and how much have I lost interest in pursuing what seems like the impossible. I certainly don't know anymore.

After years of the "chase" and pouring all of my being into music, it seems like I'm simply exhausted. I may not have the drive for this anymore. I spent everything I had left recording a full 19 track album that has been sitting in my stereo for the last 2 months. For 2 months, I have woken up every single morning and pressed play on that same stereo. For 2 months, I have laid in bed and listened to this album from front to back...all 66 minutes of it. After 2 months, I can honestly say I'm proud of this work. Still, I feel like a washed up musician. I really was about to call it quits, but frankly I found inspiration in a very unusual place.

I caught this movie over the weekend, and while it may be on the other end of the spectrum as far as entertainment goes, it definitely stuck with me.



If Randy "Ram" Robinson can do it for so long....I think I should be just fine.
Come April, the 10 year anniversary show will take place. I don't quite see any room for a curtain call just yet.

I'll leave you with some new audio, Flo-rida drops some new club heat and Lil Wayne tries his hand at Rock music.





It's Wayne's World Muthafucka!

No comments:

Post a Comment